Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Manly Sabbatical



As some of the readers of this blog know (and may be tired of hearing about), I'm working on the first full length biography ever written of Charles Ebbets longtime Brooklyn Dodger club president.  The deadline is February 1, 2017 so I'm now in the last 90 days of the project and I need to focus on the manuscript even more intensely to deliver a high quality final product.  As a result I'm going to take  a sabbatical from the blog, but plan to return no later than the beginning of the 2017 vintage base ball season.  It's hard to believe that I began this in 2012 and still don't have a problem finding topics to write about.  Thanks to all those who have taken the time to read and best wishes for the holiday season and all of 2017.  Base ball and the blog will be back again next year.

5 comments:

  1. Look forward to reading your book, John! Best of luck in the home stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. patti@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather, Walter Maunton who lived in Brooklyn,knew the Ebbets family. He was a sign painter who supposedly did work for Charles Ebbets before his stadium opened. Unfortunately my grandfather died in 1918, a victim of the Influenza Pandemic. No family documents or photos have survived concerning this connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your post, too bad no pictures etc. survive.

      Delete
  4. I have no doubt you'll have pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete